By Gregg Early, Strategic Content Director, Geezeo.
Moving to the cloud benefits credit unions. But it’s important to understand the array of options in the cloud space today and why going big is a smarter choice than going small when it comes to cloud services.
Look Before You Leap to the Cloud
- Overleveraged. First, smaller cloud providers may be new to the game or are straining to remain price competitive with bigger players in the space. That means they may be running at the limits of their current system, not wanting to spend more on costly upgrades.
- Underperformance. It’s not just static data the gets moved to the cloud. It’s also dynamic data that has to move back and forth with as little latency as possible. If your cloud provider isn’t running a world-class system, neither are you.
- Data without Action. Another key to having a great cloud partner is being able to have the tools to slice and dice the data you receive from your customers and turn it into actionable strategies. Just having your data available without any context for the marketing power available to your sales team is like paying for an entire hotel and sleep in only one room. The cloud offers more opportunity to enrich data.
- Mobility. If your CU is committed to the mobile banking space, then finding a reliable cloud services firm is crucial. And not having a mobile strategy is a risky way to move forward in today’s marketplace.
- Set and Forget. Because each cloud service and its partners have different protocols, you don’t want to keep jumping from one provider to another. All that time lost is time your competitors have to catch you.
Take Full Advantage of the Cloud
Geezeo saw the potential of linking with AWS a decade ago and that relationship has allowed us to give our clients all the performance, value and opportunities that they need and deserve. Our SaaS serves as a bridge between CUs and AWS to enhance the value of the digital banking experience for the customers as well as the institutions.
The bottom line is the bottom line: By working with AWS, Geezeo allows our more than 500 clients to monetize and deepen their individual relationships with their customers much more effectively than we have in the past because the cloud offers an array of tools built to meet the specialized needs of FIs in one spot.
As this next wave of the digital age expands, so will our ability to add even more powerful tools for our clients.
Geezeo is the NAFCU Services Preferred Partner for Personal Financial Management (PFM). More educational resources and contact information are available at www.nafcu.org/Geezeo.